Sunday, August 02, 2009
Ted Kennedy Receives
D.C. Drunk of The Millennium Award Presidential Medal of Freedom
The longtime Massachusetts senator is one of 16 recipients of the 2009 Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nation's highest civilian honor. It is awarded to individuals who "make an especially meritorious contribution to the security or national interests of the United States, world peace, cultural or other significant public, or private endeavors," [So...how, exactly, does Fat Ted qualify under any those categories? - Drake ] the White House said, and "this year�s awardees were chosen for their work as agents of change."
Kennedy issued a statement of thanks:
Kennedy -- who is battling brain cancer as Obama and Democrats in Congress try to push through the capstone of his 46-year Senate career, a healthcare overhaul -- said he was "profoundly grateful" to Obama.
"My life has been committed to the ideal of public service which President Kennedy wanted the Medal of Freedom to represent. To receive it from another President who prizes that same ideal of service and inspires so many to serve is a great privilege that moves me deeply," Kennedy said in a statement.
UPDATE: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi congratulated Kennedy. "On behalf of all Members of Congress, I congratulate our friend and colleague, Senator Ted Kennedy," she said in a statement. "Few have accomplished more in a lifetime than Senator Kennedy has; this award -- the highest a civilian can receive - honors his steadfast commitment to the American ideal of justice."
We should be grateful that few in their lifetime have inflicted the damage on others that Ted Kennedy has inflicted. We are thankful there are not more like him.
I didn't know some of the things about old Teddy, like his easy service in Paris and his speeding/driving issues. What a corrupt family. They are above the law because they're Liberals. If they were anything but, they'd all be behind bars busy being a prison bitch.
You wouldn't believe a couple of phoshops I created to celebrate..um...mourn (cough cough) the day Fat Ted Tumor Head dies and how many times I have had to "carry them" over from month to month, waiting to publish them when this fat fucking unindicted manslaughterer dies.
And the phoshops are just soooo damn good. At Least I think so.
Come on Ted, DIE FOR CHRISTS SAKE! I have photoshops to publish!
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.