Friday, July 03, 2009
U.S. Unemployment Hits 9.5 Percent
Well, la-dee-dah, it's the start of July and the nation's unemployment rate hit 9.5 percent, a 26 year high. During the month of June, we lost almost another half-million jobs. BizJournals:
The U.S. lost 467,000 jobs in June pushing the national unemployment rate to its highest point in 26 years and into double digits for men, teenagers and the working class.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Thursday that national unemployment stands at 9.5 percent for June, compared with 9.4 percent for May and the highest rate since August 1983.
However, when discouraged workers who have pulled back on job searches are included in the mix, the tally grows to 10 percent, according to the BLS.
Heckuva Job, Barry! Heckuva Job!
Isn't The Kenyan great? Isn't he dreamy? Aren't his ideas and policies wonderful? We should all worship him. Hope and Change is fantastic, isn't it? No one knows better than Barry. No one. Like aging crooner and really bad toupee-wearer Tony Bennett says, "we should support anything Obama wants to do."
Bennett can say this because he already has his millions and millions. I remember watching "Entertainment Tonight" or a similar program years ago. A paparazzi caught a homeless guy hitting Bennett up for a few dollars. Bennett wasn't about to fork over a dime until he realized he was being caught on camera. I like Bennett as a singer, I think he's incredibly talented. But he's a typical Liberal Tightwad. Nothing is stopping you from writing a check to the government, Mr. Bennett. Nothing.
Barack Hussein Obama, Junior=Worst.President.Ever. Carter's Malaise looks pretty attractive about now. Ahhhh...the good old days of The Jimmy Carter Admin.
For those of us keeping track, and that would be everyone except the Pillow-Biting Pbama Cultists, when W. Bush left office, the unemployment rate was 7.2 percent. A barrel of oil cost $34.40. One gallon of gasoline was $1.78.
Heckuva Job, Barry! Heckuva Job!
Where will unemployment figures be come December? I'll say close to 20 percent. What's your guess?
Hussein Junior is trying to create havoc in the society so that he can impose "emergency legislation" as much as he wants. The same legislation will create a permanent democratic voting base, keeping them in power at all times, leading the USA to the same pit as europe.
And the personal lubricant industry will experience a boom!
It is his policy of a perpetual Liberal foothold/majority. You nailed it. You and Molson always do.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.