Monday, July 06, 2009
Sarah Palin Resigns, Mum on Future Plans
Ed Pilkington of the UK Guardian covers some of the speculation out there about what Governor Palin is planning after leaving the post of Alaska's highest elected office:
Leftwing bloggers revived allegations circulated at the time of the presidential election that she was facing a federal investigation over financial irregularities concerning the building of a sports complex in her home town of Wasilla when she was mayor.
The undisguised anger in her message suggests hostile media coverage as one obvious factor behind the resignation.
...an undoubted hint is left hanging in the air that she intends to use her new-found freedom to focus on building a national political voice with an eye on 2012.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.