Thursday, July 16, 2009
Obama Booed At All Star Game
From Manolith, which also has the video:
At last night’s MLB All-Star Game, President Obama was booed after throwing out the first pitch. Actually if you listen closely, it sounded like they were booing him from the introduction.
Baseball aficionados said he threw like a sissy, but really, give the guy a break, you can’t expect him to be good at everything.
Compared to George W. Bush’s famous strike in the 2001 World Series, Obama couldn’t compare.
ST. LOUIS -- They booed Barack Obama and cheered the two Bushes, which is everything you need to know about this city.
Bob Costas gets Obama talking about his beloved team, at which point the president declares that "there's a different quality to what used to be Cominskey Field vs. Wrigley."
Indeed, one might even say there's a different quality to what used to be Comiskey Park vs. Wrigley.
It would appear that Democratic presidential aspirants don't just have fantasy sports leagues, but fantasy fields as well. It was 2004 when John Kerry was so excited about his trip to Green Bay's famous Lambert Field.
...how'd he manage to muff the name of his home team's stadium?
I'm betting he botched the name of his home team's stadium because he's back on the crack pipe. That's my story, and damn it, I'm sticking to it.
"Get back to where you once belonged."
Now that you mention it, THEY ARE MOM JEANS! YES! Absolutely.
Did you see the throw? He throws like a sissy!
Ha ha ha! I love your comment. You and me both - WE would have booed the loudest!
And I would have been yelling "SISSY PITCH, SISSY PITCH." Of course, that's almost oxymoronic, why would anyone expect a Sissy to throw in any other manner?!?!?
Anyhow, how was Georges W Bush pitch as pitching goes?
yes, I just located a pitch comparison at one of the blogs in my blogroll, Nuke Gingrich.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.