Saturday, July 04, 2009
Michael Jackson To Have Private Family Funeral; Public Memorial In L.A.;
Sedative Diprivan Found In His Home
A public memorial service for Michael Jackson will be held at the Staples Center in Los Angeles on Tuesday after the Jackson family attends a private funeral with close friends.
Jermaine Jackson said there would be a private ceremony for the singer's family and special guests before the public memorial. He said the family also wants to hold other memorials around the United States.
Los Angeles city officials are planning a massive security operation for Michael Jackson's public memorial service next week, and on Friday urged fans who do not win a ticket in a random drawing to stay away from the basketball arena where the singer will be memorialized.
Organizers have set aside a total of 17,500 tickets through an Internet-based lottery for the televised service at the Staples Center, and for a closed-circuit screening at the nearby Nokia Theater.
Within minutes of the system being announced at a news conference, the computer system crashed. Officials warned additional disruptions were likely as fans from around the world applied for tickets.
"You might want to consider watching this from the comfort of your own home," said Los Angeles City Councilwoman Jan Perry, who is doubling as the city's acting mayor.
A wide area around the venues in downtown Los Angeles will be blocked off for the 10 a.m. (1700 GMT).
The powerful sedative Diprivan was found in Michael Jackson's home, a law enforcement official said Friday as the city planned for a massive crowd at the singer's memorial service.
Diprivan is an anesthetic widely used in operating rooms to induce unconsciousness. Also known as Propofol, it's given intravenously and is very unusual to have in a private home.
Labels: Michael Jackson
# posted by Anonymous mdeals : 11:34 PM, July 05, 2009
Lame. Using a blog post to advertise your business, hoping to get a click from it? I'll sell you the finest rate in advertising in the blogosphere. Let me know if you're interested
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.