Tuesday, July 07, 2009
Marion Barry Charged With Stalking
D.C. Council Member Marion Barry is expected to defend himself in front of reporters Monday morning following his weekend arrest on charges of misdemeanor stalking.
On Sunday, his spokeswoman said the former mayor is no "peeping Tom" and was not engaged in any sort of "hide and seek stalking."
[Donna Watts-Brighthaupt -- described as a resident in Barry's 8th Ward met Barry for lunch] and then parted ways. [He ran into her later, apparently by coincidence but] she says Barry was "trying to catch me" and that she has "tons and tons of evidence to prove" that the council member was stalking her.
I wonder if Marion Barry will again use his "Bitch set me up" defense?
Eat your Wheaties, kiddies, and you can grow up to be just like Marion Barry!
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.