Friday, July 17, 2009
Drivers of Hybrid Cars Get More Tickets,
Have More Accidents, Says Study
Haughty, smug, Elitist Hybrid drivers get more tickets and are involved in more accidents than drivers in non-hybrid vehicles. Hybrid Cars.com:
Hybrid drivers get more tickets and get into more accidents than drivers of conventional cars. That’s the conclusion of a new study of 360,000 vehicle insurance claims by San Francisco-based Quality Planning Corp. The results from Quality Planning, a unit of Insurance Services Offices Inc., call into question the discounts offered to hybrid drivers by major insurance companies.
Owners of the Toyota Prius, for example, racked up 65 percent more traffic tickets than conventional drivers, according to the study. The typical hybrid owner is also more likely to be a woman and older than average. [(Cough, cough) Old Lezbo! (cough) - Drake].
Quality Planning found that the cost to insurers of providing collision coverage for hybrids was 13 percent higher than for conventional vehicles, while non-collision-related damage was 17 percent higher—with larger hybrids taking most of the hit.
Are the Prius drivers you notice "older women?" With buzzcut hairdos and tip the scales at 375 pounds?
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.