Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Cheney's Secret Plan Never Implemented
The figure at their faux outrage is once again former VP Dick Cheney.
The issue is a secret plan and program, orchestrated by Cheney, to kill and/or capture al-Qaida leaders. From Salon, a hardly Right-of-Center publication:
In the latest twist in a story that rocked Washington over the weekend, the Wall Street Journal reported today that the Central Intelligence Agency program recently shut down by current director Leon Panetta was an attempt to kill or capture al-Qaida leaders.
What really kicked the story into high gear was the revelation that it had been Vice President Dick Cheney who instructed the CIA to keep the program hidden from Congress.
However, it appears that the CIA abandoned the program to target al-Qaida officials after about six months and that it was never implemented.
This "secret plan" is the same old crap The Left dragged out about the so-called "outing" of Valerie Plame. Valerie Plame was not covert or undercover, so how could she be outed for something she wasn't? Oh...I know the LiberTards love to make everyone believe Plame was a 007, Jethro Bodine super duper undercover covert spy...but she wasn't.
Fred Rustmann, Plame's boss, said the following about her:
[She] was never a so-called deep-cover NOC (Non-Official Cover), he said, meaning the agency did not create a complex cover story about her education, background, job, personal life and even hobbies and habits that would stand up to intense scrutiny by foreign governments. "[NOCs] are on corporate rolls, and if anybody calls the corporation, the secretary says, 'Yeah, he works for us,'" says Rustmann. "The degree of backstopping to a NOC's cover is a very good indication of how deep that cover really is."
I guess The Left believes that when you call the CIA and ask about a certain agent, and then ask the CIA if that agent is undercover the CIA will tell you if he or she is. Yeah, that makes sense. I just wonder how an undercover agent stays covert when the CIA says, "no, she's not undercover."
Finally, let's not forget prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald knew who the person was who leaked about non-covert Plame being undercover. It wasn't Scooter Libby, it was Richard Armitage.
As with everything else, The Left continues to lie because they can't support themselves with facts.
I wish W. and Cheney had thrown a White House coup on January 20. We wouldn't be in the shit pile we're in now with Dear Leader His Excellency Barack Hussein Pbama, Junior.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.