Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Penguins Tie Up Series With Detroit 3-3
The Penguins won Game Six in Pittsburgh. Final score: Pittsburgh 2, Detroit 1. No goals in the third period, which was a nail-biter for Pens fans.
Game Seven is Friday night, in Detroit.
Writing at the NY Time's Fifth Down (heh...Fifth Down...how jocular - NOT) KC Joyner, who admits he prefers the NBA Finals (me: yawn) to the NHL Stanley Cup but will reluctantly watch it, is upset with inconsistent officiating by the referees in the NHL:
As a lifelong Red Wings fan, I have to say that I’ve very much enjoyed this year’s playoffs, but the overriding feeling I’ve had in the first six games of the finals is being appalled at the ineptness of the officiating.
What may be most troubling about the inconsistency is how many commentators seem to be glossing over the issue or, even worse, giving it a blind eye altogether.
[Joyner's wife] so upset over what she perceives to be one-sided officiating that she almost does not want to watch Game 7. It isn’t the fear of a loss that is causing it but rather that the officials will lean heavily in Pittsburgh’s favor so that the Gretzky-in-waiting (Sidney Crosby) will be assured of holding up Lord Stanley’s Cup.
But if KC (...shake, shake, shake - shake, shake, shake - shaky your booty...) and his wife think that the officiating has been leaning favorably towards Pittsburgh...I have to ask them what game are they watching? I want to sit down with the Joyners and smoke some of their Chronic with them. It must be some really, hardcore, kick-ass shit. The officiating has been far more advantageous to the Red Wings and far more penalizing toward the Penguins.
Game Seven, Friday night.
Detroit? Or The Penguins?
Predictions? Final score? Anyone? Leave a comment.
Labels: NHL 2008-2009
It's going to be either a tight game, or a blow out, and if its a blow out, I don't mean by Pittsburgh. I'd like to see the Pens win. I don't know that they will.
I would like to take a moment to rub EC's face into his terrible and obviously wrong prediction of the Stanley Cup series outcome.
(Drum roll please)....THE WINNER OF THE STANLEY CUP IS THE PITTSBURGH PENGUINS, WINNING IN GAME SEVEN OVER THE DETROIT RED WINGS BY A SCORE OF 2-1.
Eat it, EC. Eat your miserably miscalculated prognostication. ;-)
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.