Friday, June 12, 2009
New Abortion Doc LeRoy Carhart Ready To Take Up Where George Tiller Left Off
Far be it there be any gap in the availability or reduction of late-term abortions! Banish the thought!
From Life News:
Nebraska-based late-term abortion practitioner LeRoy Carhart, a colleague of slain late-term abortion practitioner George Tiller, says he plans to do such abortions in Kansas. With the Tiller family announcing that it will permanently close his abortion center, Carhart may open up his own business. [Job creation under Obama! How nice! - Drake]
Carhart indicated he would do late-term abortions but would not say whether he would do them from an existing facility or would open his own abortion center somewhere in the state.
He insisted in an interview with the Associated Press that "there will be a place in Kansas for the later second- and the medically indicated third-trimester patients very soon," although there is never any medical reason for abortions so late in pregnancy.
Carhart was a Tiller colleague and routinely participated in late-term abortions at Tiller's abortion center in Wichita since Nebraska law provides more protection for human life. He has run his own abortion center outside Omaha since 1985.
He has never trained his staff to do late-term abortions and told AP that it may be necessary to begin doing them in Kansas.
"If I have to train the staff and if I have to do them, then that's certainly an option for a fetus that would not survive outside the womb, he said.
Carhart also indicated his Bellevue abortion center has seen more requests for abortions since Tiller was killed in his church recently.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.