Tuesday, June 09, 2009
Charlie Rangel, He's A CommieCrat So He's Exempt From The Ted Stevens Treatment
Do you know that on June 11 HE WILL TURN 79 YEARS OLD! 79 YEARS OLD! HECK, he's older than John McCain! This means Rangel is TOO OLD to serve as a Congressman. He shouldn't run for re-election. But he will. He's addicted to the government titty.
We should soon be hearing the outcome of the investigation into Rangel's less than ethical behavior. WSJ:
Rep. Charles Rangel, D-N.Y., hounded since last year by allegations of ethical impropriety in his personal finances and fundraising activities, said a congressional committee will "very soon" conclude its investigation into his conduct.
The U.S. House of Representatives' ethics committee is looking into several separate complaints, including Rangel's failure to pay taxes on income from a Dominican Republic vacation property, and allegations he solicited charitable donations from an executive that lobbied him on tax legislation.
Although he has admitted committing errors in paying taxes, Rangel has denied any unethical conduct.
Rangel acknowledged failing to pay taxes on income from his vacation home, which was used to increase his equity in the property.
The scope of the House ethics panel inquiry also includes revelations that Rangel occupied four rent-controlled units in a Harlem apartment building, using one as a personal campaign office.
Rangel has also asked the panel to examine allegations from the New York Times, which charged that Rangel blocked a tax increase on Nabors Industries Ltd. (NBR), at the same time he was seeking a donation from Nabors CEO Eugene Isenberg for the Charles B. Rangel Center at City College of New York.
More recently, Rangel was found to have improperly claimed a D.C. homestead tax credit that is supposed to apply only to primary residences.
Boy, The Liberals sure are soft and most forgiving to their own, huh? I've not heard one Liberal call for Rangel to be held to the same standard - and the equivalent of an investigative colonoscopy - in the manner that Liberals went after former Republican U.S. Senator Ted Stevens who was ultimately exonerated of ALL charges. Hell, I haven't even heard a Conservative calling for Rangel to be held to the same standard as Stevens...
Rangle receives the Coveted Free Pass, the Holy Grail of Liberalism.
Google their names under a Google image search. The two are never far apart. Abedin is supposedly a Mossad agent.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.