Monday, June 22, 2009
Capricia Penavic Marshall, Another Obama Nominee Who Failed To Pay Taxes
ANOTHER NOMINEE OF BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA, JUNIOR FAILED TO PAY HER TAXES!
Transparency. Hope. Change. Ethics.
Capricia Penavic Marshall, Obama's choice for chief of protocol for the State Department, has a TAX PROBLEM. Whoda thunk it? From The NY Times:
President Obama’s choice as chief of protocol for the State Department, a position that carries the status of an ambassadorship, did not file tax returns for 2005 and 2006, errors she corrected last November.
The nominee, Capricia Penavic Marshall, has placed blame for the problem on the Postal Service and on miscommunication between her husband and their accountant.
...Ms. Marshall has said the errors were unintentional. [Well, of course they were unintentional. Timmy Geither, Kathleen Sebelius, Ron Kirk, Hilda Solis, Nancy Killefer, Tom Dasschole, et al said the same thing. - Drake] She has said that her husband failed to recognize that the couple’s accountant had included the tax returns for 2005 in a binder he provided with copies of the returns, and that the actual paperwork was never mailed.
The couple learned something was awry, Ms. Marshall has said, when the Internal Revenue Service notified them last fall that their 2006 return had never arrived. She wrote that an agent “advised us that there were a large number of tax returns misplaced by the D.C. post office for the 2006 tax year.”
That call led the couple to the discovery that the authorities had no record of their returns for 2005 and 2006. No late fees or penalties were assessed when they later submitted the returns.
Let's say your tax accountant or tax preparer hands you a binder or folder for your current year's tax filings. We are supposed to believe that neither Capricia or her husband (a cardiologist according to the NYT story) didn't even think to open the binder/folder?
These people are allegedly so educated, so smart - that's why they are considered for these jobs, they "know" so much more than the rest of the great unwashed - and they don't open a binder or folder given to them by their accountant and review the paperwork? Give me a break.
Do we want inattentive, oblivious, bubble-headed, "blame others" people like Capricia in public office?
Another Pbama nominee/appointee...another person who failed to pay their taxes on time. Su-prize, su-prize, su-prize. And no late fees or penalties assessed either? Wow, I bet the IRS would treat the average American as nicely as they treated the Marshalls, huh? Huh?
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.