Friday, May 08, 2009
Single Payer Activists Arrested
It's always funny when Liberals are arrested. Always!
From Monthly Review:
Citizens who believe healthcare is a human right have been arrested and are being processed like criminals through the Southeast District of Columbia police station. Their crime? Asking for single payer healthcare reform -- publicly funded, privately delivered healthcare -- to be discussed during the Congressional hearings on reform.
Doctors and other single payer activists were handcuffed and went to jail today speaking up for single payer to be at the table in the Senate Finance Committee's roundtable discussion on healthcare access and coverage. In stark contrast, Karen Ignagni, head of the industry lobby group America's Health Insurance Plans (AHIP), was escorted into the room like royalty by staff members of the Senate committee.
It made me physically ill to see Maryland pediatrician Margaret Flowers cuffed like a criminal and pushed out the door as the Senators waited to begin their staged roundtable discussion. It made me want to scream. [ It made me laugh and laugh and laugh... - Drake ].
He must be a Stealth Neocon!
Single payer should be off the table. Damn...I'm agreeing with a Liberal? Whoa...time to check the drinking water?
It's funny when Liberals cannibalize their own. Baucus may be looking for a place on the couch next to Zell Miller and Joe Lieberman pretty soon.
Well, of course commiecrats should be arrested - as often as possible. It
"levels the playing field." :-0
I hope next time that they commit felonies. Then, hopefully we won't have to worry about them voting, unless they get registered by Barry McTeleprompter's ACORN rabble friends.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.