Thursday, May 21, 2009
Gingrich: Pelosi disqualified herself
Former Speaker of The House Newt Gingrich said Nancy Pelosi disqualified herself to be Speaker of the House. ABC News:
Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich today flatly declared that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi should be replaced in the wake of her allegation that the CIA lied to her about harsh interrogation techniques.
“She really disqualified herself to be speaker,” Gingrich, R-Ga., told Diane Sawyer on ABC’s “Good Morning America. “I think the Democrats should get a new speaker.”
Pelosi’s allegation “basically smears” the U.S. intelligence community, Gingrich said, leaving her “disqualified” to be behind only the vice president in the presidential succession order. Leaving her in place, he said, is “very dangerous” for the country.
“The case against Nancy Pelosi remaining Speaker of the House is as simple as it is devastating: The person who is No. 2 in line to be commander in chief can't have contempt for the men and women who protect our nation. America can't afford it,” Gingrich writes. “Speaker Pelosi has damaged America's safety. . . . America is losing ground because of Nancy Pelosi's contempt for those who defend her. Democrats owe it to their country and our national security to replace Nancy Pelosi as Speaker of the House.”
It is Pelosi and her defenders who are the real terrorists.
Nanny isn't going anywhere. The Dems will circle the wagons like they always do when one of their corrupt, lying members get hit upside the head from their own self-induced stupidity.
I want Nanny to stay around and continue as Speakeress of The House. She can only give Conservatives more ammo to use against her during the next two and three years.
Maybe he's coming back around, and that is good.
I'd love to see Peloshit get the boot, but it's better she stay in office for he gaffes. She can only do more harm to her own party, and that's what we need more of, I think.
I had forgotten that, which is why I depend on guys like you with better memories. Thanks for keeping me on task.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.