Wednesday, May 06, 2009
Dom DeLuise Rest In Peace
No copyright infringement intended.
Dom DeLuise has died. NY Daily News:
Dom DeLuise, the roly-poly movie foil to best buddy Burt Reynolds during a comedic career that spanned the last half-century, died Monday in Los Angeles. He was 75.
DeLuise, also a regular in director Mel Brooks's acclaimed comedies, passed away in his sleep at a Los Angeles hospital, according to TMZ.com.
DeLuise served as the rotund sidekick to matinee idol Reynolds in a series of films, an extension of their off-screen friendship.
The pair shared the big screen in "The End," "Cannonball Run I & II," "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas" and "Smokey & the Bandit II."
"I was dreading this moment," Reynolds said in a statement to "Entertainment Tonight."
"Dom always made everyone feel better when he was around," Reynolds said. "I never heard him say an unkind word about anyone. I will miss him very much."
Various movie clips from Dom's career.
Is there - was there - anyone with a more infectious laugh than Dom DeLuise? The outtakes from the movie "Cannonball Run"...in between fits of laughter telling Burt Reynolds, "no you're going to hit me again."
Two - sometimes overlooked - performances of brilliance from Dom are his character Father Drobney in Woody Allen's "Don't Drink The Water" and his role in the movie "Fatso" co-starring, directed and written by the late Anne Bancroft who is simply fantastic in her role as Dom's sister.
Dom's classic eggs in the water glasses trick.
Good bye Dom. Thank you for a lifetime of memories.
Labels: Dom DeLuise
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.