Friday, May 08, 2009
Cheney Defends His Tenure
I had to laugh when I read the headline for the following NPR story: "Cheney Chooses Spotlight Over Keeping Quiet."
Yeah...uh huh...like other Dems have kept quiet, not criticizing the Bush Admin. Dems like Bubba Clinton, Hillary "MrsSatan" Clinton, Albert "Global Warming Alarmist/Charlatan" Gore, Junior, Fat Ted Tumor Head Kennedy, Herr Biden, Worst.President. Ever. Jimmy Carter, Worst.Vice.President.Ever Walter Mondale, Madeliene Fatbright - yeah, like they all kept quiet and were respectful of the Executive Branch under Bush-Cheney.
From National Pubic Radio:
...former Vice President Dick Cheney, 68, has emerged as the most prominent public defender of harsh Bush-era detention and interrogation practices for suspected terrorists — and critic of Obama's national security choices[.]
Some find his outspokenness, including his assertion that Obama's decision to ban torture undermines national security, inappropriate for a former vice president.
Others want to see him, instead of holding forth like an elder statesman on cable news, held accountable for his role in endorsing the CIA's harsh interrogation tactics and secret prisons.
In his mind, longtime Cheney watchers say, the man is speaking out and hitting back not to burnish, or restore, his legacy, but because he is convinced that the tough Bush policies he shaped were the right ones and remain so.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.