Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Obama Fingers! In The Frozen Section
Food is being marketed under the
A German frozen food company hopes to raise sales with a new product: Obama fingers. The tender, fried chicken bits come with a tasty curry sauce. The company says it was unaware of the possible racist overtones of the product.
There are Obama dolls, Obama T-shirts, Obama soap-on-a-rope(1). There is even Obama thong underwear on offer.
Not wanting to miss the boat, a German food company has now gotten into the act. Sprehe, a company that has all manner of frozen delicacies on offer, has come up with a new product it calls "Obama Fingers." Far from being real digits, though, the "fingers" in question are "tender, juicy pieces of chicken breast, coated and fried," as the product packaging claims.
Fried chicken, in other words. With a curry dip.
(1) Pbama soap on a roap? I bet Mike Signator has been there, done that! Bwa ha ha ha ha!
The funniest product - IMHO anyway - is the below Pbama doll pictured at the Spiegel link. Shouldn't the doll be wearing a turban and a Swastika armband?
Oh, the makers made sure that the Fascist From Kenya had a U.S. Flag lapel pin, didn't they!
tried to, rather unsuccessfully, make an Obama doll.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.