Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Memo To Madoff: Write Children's Book
Write a series of children's books while in jail.
It worked for Stanley "Tookie" Williams.
Jesse Jackson prayed for Tookie Williams, a convicted killer. I wonder if Jesse prayed for Bernie? Being the good, God-fearing, man-of-the-cloth that he is, I would imagine he has.
So, Bernie Madoff can take a cue from Dave Zirn, writing at The Nation on November 29, 2005:
Williams decided to make a difference. He has spent the past twenty years intervening in gang disputes and co-writing with Barbara Becnel a children's book series, Tookie Speaks Out Against Gang Violence.
As Todd Chretien of the Campaign to End the Death Penalty said, "There is no reason on earth to kill him and every reason to keep him alive."
Write some children's books during your time behind bars, Bernie. The Left will forgive and love you.
H/T: T.J. Edwards
The sad part is his brilliance is sporadic. Most of the time he's in an alcoholic stupor. He sobers up once in a while and thinks up some very creative and funny ideas.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.