Friday, March 20, 2009
Gitmo Detainees May Be Released In U.S.
Obama Says No More Guns For Pilots
Attorney General Eric Holder said some detainees being held at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, may end up being released in the U.S. as the Obama administration works with foreign allies to resettle some of the prisoners.
After the September 11 attacks, commercial airline pilots were allowed to carry guns if they completed a federal-safety program. No longer would unarmed pilots be defenseless as remorseless hijackers seized control of aircraft and rammed them into buildings.
Now President Obama is quietly ending the federal firearms program, risking public safety on airlines in the name of an anti-gun ideology.
The Obama administration this past week diverted some $2 million from the pilot training program to hire more supervisory staff, who will engage in field inspections of pilots.
See this guy in the below image? This guy who speaks perfect Indonesian (even though he says he hardly spent any time there and was allegedly born and grew up in Hawaii - cough, cough, LIAR!)? Get a good look at him. The next terrorist attack or next hi-jacking is totally, completely, entirely and wholly his fault.
And you are correct in your scenario.
Here is when we, through no choice of our own, have to temporarily release our hold on "civility."
When you're in a fight, and you're opponent is kicking you in the nuts, had a weapon and is prepared to use it, and is fighting "dirty", you are at a great disadvantage if you conclude that you are going to "fight fair." Doing so could be your downfall; certainly it will prolong the fight and increase your chances of being defeated.
Terrorists are not part of one country as the Nazis were in Germany and the Japanese during WW 2. Terrorists and enemy combatants are not entitled to the accomodations afforded under the Geneva Convention. This is just my take on it.
Feel free to go into rebuttal mode. Thanks for visiting and commenting.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.