Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Smokers Will Pay For SCHIP
One of the first bills to pass once President Barack Obama took office was the expansion of SCHIP, extending health care coverage to children.
The expansion of health care coverage is in the form of the State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP).
The way in which this will be paid is out of the pockets of smokers.
The federal tax on cigarettes will increase all the way up to $1.01 per pack, up from around 60 cents currently.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.