Thursday, February 05, 2009
Pelosi: 500 Million Americans
Lose Jobs Each Month
If Speakeress of the House Nanny "Man Hands" Pelosi were a Republican, she would be the non-stop recipient of parody and satire for her numerous misstatements and amazing ability to talk out of her ass, get figures and data wrong and - in general - create her own history on the spot, as she did when she said, "Doctors of the [Catholic] Church have not been able to make that definition" of whether human life begins at conception.
Her latest gem is that "500 Million American lose their jobs each month,"- Info Wars:
So anxious was Madam House Speaker to sell the “stimulus” boondoggle bill, she flubbed the numbers. “Five hundred million people will lose their jobs each month until we have an economic package,” she warned.
Chris Wallace of Fox News corrected her.
WALLACE: No, 500,000.
PELOSI: What did I say, million?
WALLACE: Yes, 500 million. That would really be a recession.
PELOSI: Oh, no. Excuse me. Thank you for correcting me.
Oh, if this "500 million" gaffe had been made by Bush or a Republican...
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.