Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Pbama's Malaise Speech
"You, uh, say Malaise like it's a bad thing."
On July 15, 1979, Worst.President.Ever Jimmy Carter delivered what became to be identified as his Malaise Speech. It received this appropriate moniker because his speech was one of gloom, doom and catastrophe. EOEarth.org:
Though he never used the word, this became known as Carter's "malaise" speech. The public and the political pundits reacted very harshly to the speech, criticizing Carter for not offering enough solutions to the problems he identified. A little more than a year later, Ronald Reagan defeated Carter by offering Americans a vision that was as optimistic as Carter's was pessimistic. Today, many energy and environmental scholars observe that the problems Carter identified, particularly our dependence on oil and the connection among consumption, energy use, and environmental change, remain paramount issues.
Monday night, cameras ready, His Excellency Dear Leader The Illegitimate Prednint Barack Hussein Pbama, Junior delivers his Malaise Speech.
Pbama has done an amazingly quick 180 from "Hope" to now preaching hellfire and brimstone that not passing his stimu-pork bill will result in "A catastrophe."
His use of the word catastrophe...is...an epidemic !
I think Pbama has used the words "a catastrophe" as often as - The Left exaggerated about - George W. Bush speaking the words, "nine-eleven."
Pbama hasn't offered any real solutions to the problems we face. This shouldn't surprise anyone. He and a Liberal Congress put together a one trillion dollar pork bill and want to rush it through without it being examined or questioned. .
Where are all those Fiscal Liberals who were outraged over spending during the Bush years? I bitched about Bush's spending, so did many on the Left. Why aren't they bitching over Pbama's pork bill?
Nor should anyone be surprised that the Liberals are still offering the same tired solutions today that they tried to pass off back in 1979.
Pork, What Pork?
$300 Million for golf carts, but don't call it pork. Townhall:
The Democrats thought they could fool you by renaming the money earmarked for golf carts in the stimulus bill as paying for "neighborhood electric vehicles” and “low speed motor vehicles."
Industry people call 'em NEV's for short. Most people call them golf carts.
$300 million is being allocated by the Senate to buy "NEV's" and other forms of environmentally friendly transportation like hybrid cars.
And money for Dog parks.
Nope, no Pork there.
Did you know that malaise is a French word meaning embarassing?
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.