Friday, February 06, 2009
Pbama Deputy Attorney General
David W. Ogden Porn Lobbyist
Ogden is called Pro-Obscenity, Pro-Abortion and Pro-Homosexual. CNS News:
The Senate Judiciary Committee will hold a hearing Thursday morning for David W. Ogden, who served as a top assistant under Attorney General Janet Reno in the Clinton administration and has held high legal posts with the Defense Department and at one of Washington, D.C.’s top law firms.
Tom McClusky of the Family Research Council said even though Ogden may look good on paper, the reality is he would be “a horrible” deputy attorney general.
“This is a guy who has lobbied in the court system for just about every anti-family issue you could think of – everything from child pornography to children’s rights when it comes to abortion, to lobbying for gays in the military,” McClusky said.
Anti-pornography attorney Pat Trueman told CNSNews.com that Ogden has has been on a legal crusade, representing pornographers, abortionists and homosexual activists seeking to change military law.
Ogden has fought against “reasonable restrictions to protect children from pornography – especially in libraries and other venues in which pornographers attempt to distribute their materials,” Burch added.
-- He opposed the Children’s Internet Protection Act of 2000 in court (in United States v. American Library Association).
-- He challenged the Child Protection and Obscenity Enforcement Act of 1988, and a companion law adopted in 1990 – the Child Protection Restoration and Penalties Enhancement Act. Ogden argued that requiring porn producers to personally verify that their models were over age 18 would “burden too heavily and infringe too deeply on the right to produce First Amendment-protected material.”
Pat Trueman, who headed the Justice Department’s Child Exploitation and Obscenity Section in the George H.W. Bush administration, said what makes the confirmation of Ogden so dangerous is that the second-in-command job at the Justice Department essentially functions as CEO for the agency.
“He is being put in by President Obama to affect the entire spectrum of issues of concern to the pro-family movement, and the result will not be good if he is confirmed,” Trueman said. “If we don’t defeat him now, we will be fighting against him for the next four years – only he will have all the tools on his side.”
But give Ogden some credit. So far, we haven't learned that he's a tax cheat or that he's employed illegal aliens or had a lien against his home like all the other recent Pbama appointees.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.