Thursday, February 19, 2009
NOVA M Dead?
Malloy, Rhodes Out of Work? Fabulous!
When Bad Things Happen To Evil Liberals...it's Schadenfreudelicious !
The latest casualty is Nova M radio which syndicated such shows as Randi Rhodes and Mike Malloy. The reports are now coming in fast and furious about the demise of Nova M so here is the latest from Brian Maloney of The Radio Equalizer:
Libtalk network Nova M Radio has been shut down, according to the attorney for Randi Rhodes, Robert V Gaulin of New York. This also brings Mike Malloy's syndicated program to an abrupt end as well, at least for now (update below: Malloy's camp is denying this will affect his show, All Access reports a new firm may assume this role).
Stephen Lemons, writing at The Phoenix New Times says Nova M founder Sheldon Drobny had a mental breakdown:
On Sunday, Nova received a letter from Mr. Gaulin asserting that the contract with Ms. Rhodes was terminated due to material breaches and other reasons. Ms. Rhodes had not broadcast for over a week prior to this time, a situation which was diplomatically referred to as a `problem' that was solely within Nova's control to solve. A few days earlier, Sheldon Drobny, founder of Nova M, and a co-founder of Air America Radio, attempted suicide and is hospitalized in Chicago.
I'm going to ridicule the mental breakdown of Sheldon Drobny, because that's what Malloy would do to someone who differed with him politically and attempted suicide: Hey, Sheldon, did you coil up in a corner, using your index finger to rapidly move your lips around while mumbling and drooling, "bbblllllll-bbbbblllllll-bbbllllllllll?" Did you bark like a dog and howl at the moon? (No disrespect intended to dogs, wolves and coyotes). Why didn't you finish the job, Sheldon? Too much of a Chickenhawk? Anyone know how Shel attempted to off himself? Slit wrists? Pills? A revolver? Shel---keep trying until you succeed!
Ratty Rhodes remains missing in action. Radio Ink:
Nova M host Randi Rhodes has been off the air for more than a week, and now Nova M co-owner Anita Drobny says on the company website, "I have not had the option to disclose what has been happening between Randi and Nova M."
[NOVA M] payroll deposits were reversed on Tuesday, leaving Nova’s employees unpaid for the past two weeks.
Liberal pain and suffering is funny. Never, ever forget that. Ever.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.