Saturday, February 14, 2009
House Passes Pbama Stimupork
The House just passed the compromise economic stimulus package by a vote of 246 to 183, with 1 member voting present.
Once again, not a single House Republican backed the legislation.
The Democrats who voted against the package are Bobby Bright, Parker Griffith, Heath Shuler, Gene Taylor, Walt Minnick, Peter DeFazio, and Collin Peterson.
And speaking of Average American people, yeah, it's been a rough...what...six weeks that Congress has been back to work? So, yeah, after putting in a rough six weeks - some of which might even have been five-day work weeks - Speakeress of the House Nanny Pelosi rushed the vote because she's "off to Rome." Drudge:
Rep. John Culberson, TX claims the "stimulus" bill must be urgently voted on today -- because Speaker Nancy Pelosi is leaving at 6:00 PM for an 8 day trip to Europe!
Culberson made the charge on Houston's KSEV radio.
Pelosi is hoping to lead a delegation to Europe; there's a meeting with the Pope and an award from an Italian legislative group.
Calls to Pelosi's spokesman went unreturned.
I know what you mean when people finally research it on their own and discover the reality from the "sales job."
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.