Saturday, February 14, 2009
Caterpillar Or Pbama: One Of Them Is Lying
From ABC's Political Punch:
President Obama today repeated the claim we asked about yesterday at the press briefing that Jim Owens, the CEO of Caterpillar, Inc., "said that if Congress passes our plan, this company will be able to rehire some of the folks who were just laid off."
Caterpillar announced 22,000 layoffs last month.
But after the president left the event, Owens said the exact opposite.
Asked if the stimulus package would be able to stop the 22,000 layoffs or not, Owens said, "I think realistically no. The truth is we're going to have more layoffs before we start hiring again"
"It is going to take some time before that stimulus bill" means re-hiring, he said.
Owens supports the stimulus plan, but said it would take some time to have an impact on his industry and "is a little light on the heavy construction."
In Caterpillar-related news, Congressman Aaron Schock says not one Caterpillar employee told him that they supported the Pbama Stimupork. Not one Caterpillar employee told him they support the stimulus legislation.
President Obama urged...Caterpillar employees to lobby [Aaron Schock]; he went to the floor of the House today and said that he had stayed around for half-an-hour and not one Caterpillar employee came to him and urged him to -- to vote for the stimulus package and, in fact, over the course of time, 1,400 Caterpillar employees have urged him to oppose the stimulus package.
Yeah, those amounts have decreased, haven't they. Even less of what we work for will we be allowed to keep. How generous of the Marxists.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.