Wednesday, January 14, 2009
"24" Monday: Disappointing
The whole idea that some third-world fictional African nation is threatening the United States is absurd. It would be a believable scenario had the writer's chosen a Arabic country and made the terrorists radical Islamists. But then the "24" creative team would have CAIR (Can't Antagonize Islamic Radicals) on their asses. Political correctness is the operative word here, and that's just sad and unfortunate.
Former CTU honcho Bill Buchanan is back, working outside the government, perhaps running or in charge of some sort of shadow U.S. intelligence department or on his own with only the character Chloe on his team. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah, that's believable, isn't it? Yawwwwwn.
11AM to 12PM: A complete waste of time. Boooooooooooooooooring. Two slowly-paced hours that make a month's worth of a daytime Soap Opera seem, by comparison, fast paced.
Look, my disappointment in this season of "24" is admittedly subjective, no different than a subjective like or dislike of any television program, music, literature or art.
I think the creators and writers of the series are out of ideas.
It is both sad and painful watching a once great television drama sputter through another season that lacks creativity and that can only lean on its past seasons' plot devices trying to carry it through another "day."
I'm done with "24" for this season. I don't care about it. It's become trite and cliched. At least it is for me.
My guess is that this is the final season for "24" and it won't be renewed for another season.We'll always have seasons 4 and 5 on DVD to watch and those are the best seasons - in my opinion - of "24".
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.