Tuesday, November 04, 2008
You Are Not A Racist Not Voting For Obama
Some of those Obama Cultists out there, they're just loopy on the Kool-Aid. They want you to think that you are a racist if you don't support and vote for Barack Hussein Obama, Junior. Don't allow them to "guilt" you into believing this. The Obama Cultist's strong-armed tactic of trying to get you to believe that you are a racist by not voting for Obama makes no sense, falling flat on its face faster than Randi Rhodes can say, "Bartender, I'll have another."
Here is why this profoundly stupid allegation holds not the slightest shred of truth: Why would any Conservative, Republican or Libertarian vote for a Liberal?
It doesn't matter that Obama is half-black, half-white or if he was green and purple with mauve stripes.
The reason Republicans, Indies and Libertarians won't vote for Obama is because he's a raging, radical Liberal; the most Liberal-rated Senator in the U.S. Senate.
Obama lives and breathes Marxism. Who but fellow Marxists and blind, obedient Cult Followers are voting for him?
Was it Racist when Liberals didn't support Republican Alan Keye's presidential bids in 1996, 2000 and 2008? Not at all. Liberals didn't support Mr. Keyes because he is a Conservative and they are Liberal.
It's not Racist for someone who isn't a full-fledged Liberal or an Obama Cultist not to support and vote for Obama. It's just this simple.
Don't let anyone rope you into the false argument claiming that you are a racist if you don't support Obama. Saying this is nothing but a blatant play of The Race Card.
Add to it all that race is very difficult to talk about in Minnesota (I really don't know why might connect to that nice thing) and this has led to some awkward moments for me.
If there is ever a time (I am not sure there is) for an explanation maybe it is when someone crosses a lot of ideological ground to vote for someone of opposing views but matching features to theirs. My Pops and a buddy of mine each did this for different candidates I actually understand why each did it. Its a free country and we can vote for who we want to without explanation!! Thanks for this excellent piece David!!
Thank your words and Amen, brother.
I didn't need anyone to tell me they weren't a racist and are voting for McCain.
Like I said, some small percent of prejudice will exist everywhere and forever. The best we can hope for is that the amount is always decreasing. And not voting for someone who "doesn't look like me" isn't racist when I disagree with that person's core political ideology.
I always said that True Liberals and Progressives should have supported and voted for Raplh Nader and not Obama. And this is based on policy, not skin color.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.