Saturday, November 01, 2008
Wild Versus Coyotes
The Wild is coming off a 2-1 loss to the Montreal Canadiens from a Thursday game in St. Paul.
Phoenix ranks fourth of five teams in the Pacific Division with 4 wins and 4 losses. All things being equal - which of course they're not - the Wild have the better team, but their injuries could give the Coyotes the edge tonight. Plus, Phoenix is coming off a win from Thursday night beating the Pittsburgh Penguins 4-1.
The puck hits the ice at 9PM in Arizona.
Other NHL News:
* Speaking of the Penguins, who lost the Cup last season to Detroit, Sidney Crosby has what an APee story calls an "undisclosed injury." He exited Thursday's game against Phoneix early in the third period. It was unclear and then doubtful if he was going to suit up for tonight's game against Columbus, but now appears he will.
* Jared Boll of Columbus received a one game suspension by the NHL for initiating a fight in the last five minutes of their game against the Colorado Avalanche. Blue Jackets coach Ken Hitchcock received a $10 Grand fine related to the fight.
* Zach Bogosian of the Atlanta Thrashers is off the ice indefinitely with a broken left leg. Bogosian being out gives team mate Nathan Oystrick the opportunity to shine. Will he?
* The Canadiens play the dead-last/worst record New York Islanders tonight in New York. Islander's primary goalie Rick DiPietro remains off the ice with a lower body injury, which is a large party of the I's below average performance of late.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.