Thursday, November 06, 2008
Why McCain Lost
I'm guessing there's tons of words being devoted to, and analyzing, why John McCain lost his presidential bid. McCain's loss - and it was no landslide against him, not by any means - isn't difficult to explain and needn't be wordy.
1) In too many instances, he's spent his political career thumbing his nose at his own party and the general principle of Conservatism.
2) He ran a lackluster campaign. He did. Period. No doubt about it. It was less exciting than Bob Dole's 1996 presidential run against incumbent President Bubba Clinton. McCain - just as did Dole - allowed his opponent to dictate that any attack would be labeled a "personal attack" even when it wasn't. McCain, as did Dole, fell into this trap. Hillary Clinton did this too, during the Democrat primary running against Barack Hussein Obama, Junior.
3) McCain failed to place the blame for the economy, energy, housing, job losses, Wall Street, Freddie and Fannie where it rightly belongs; in the lap of the Democrats.
McCain, as does almost every Republican, is reluctant to fight back as hard as attacked for fear of being portrayed as "temperamental" or "mean" by the Media. Well, this earns McCain's "respectable campaign" nothing but a nice, comfy chair next to Bob Dole and George H.W. Bush at The Home For Losing Presidential Candidates Who Ran Respectable Campaigns.
As long as Conservatives and Republican politicians keep campaigning like this, they can look forward to being the minority.
Sarah Palin, 2012! Accept no substitute.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.