Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Wednesday Night Movie Picks:
David Lynch Double Feature
IFC is running TWO, count-em, TWO David Lynch Films back to back.
Check your local television listing for times, but beginning at 8PM Central Time, IFC runs Lynch's "Wild At Heart" starring Nicolas Cage, Laura Dern and Willem Dafoe. Dafoe, as the green-toothed Bobby Peru is a joy to watch. I'm not giving anything away, but the death scene of Bobby Peru is one of the finest, most grisly and original death scenes in cinema history. And it's funny.
Then, following "Wild At Heart" is - in what is my humble opinion - David Lynch's Magnum Opus, "Blue Velvet", starring Kyle MacLachlan, Isabella Rossellini, Laura Dern and Dennis Hopper as Frank Booth, the role that kick-started his niche playing completely deranged and unsavory characters.
Film director and writer David Lynch is a genius; a complete original and Auteur in the most strict meaning of the word.
If you have nothing else planned for tonight, set aside a little over four hours, sit back, relax and enjoy two fine films.
Labels: David Lynch
BV Cologne! The "smell of greasy tacos and cig smoke." Now there's a fragrance to market, huh??
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.