Saturday, November 15, 2008
Thomas Beatie Is Not A Pregnant Man
Thomas Beatie, the man who became pregnant, is pregnant again.
It's his...her?...life, and however he...she?...wants to live it, as long as he...she?...isn't doing anything illegal that negatively impacts or endangers others is up to him. Her? I'm a "live and let live" type of person.
The only point I'm tired of hearing is that he is a "pregnant man." He was born a female. He still has female reproductive organs. It doesn't matter that he has a slight beard and mustache, that he had his breasts removed and that he has armpit hair. He is not a "pregnant man."
Beatie says that in his mind he is a man. That's fine, he can think and believe that. I may want to believe that I'm the King of England. But, as the character Nice Guy Eddie (played by the late Chris Penn) in "Reservoir Dogs" says, just because someone tells "you he started the goddamn Chicago fire, now that don't necessarily make it fucking so! "
Beatie is not a pregnant man. He's a biological woman, with some facial hair, no breasts, who has complete and functional female reproductive glands. Please, let's stop referring to Beatie as a "pregnant man."
Labels: Thomas Beatie
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.