Friday, November 14, 2008
Sperm Donor Shortage
The UK's Independent reports that the UK is experiencing a shortage of sperm donors:
Experts are calling for action to deal with the shortage of UK sperm donors as new research from the US suggests some children want to know about their donor fathers.
Anonymous sperm and egg donation was banned in the UK in 2005, meaning children can now trace their biological parents when they are 18.
The move has largely been blamed for the overall decline in the number of sperm donors since the 1990s, and fewer women than ever are conceiving children using a donor.
Today, leading experts in the field called for a raft of measures to increase the availability of donor sperm.
Labels: Barney Frank
That is fucking hysterical.
Can I "borrow" that phrase to use at some future point?
And I really cannot take credit for it. My buddy, The Nation, came up with it when he peed off the deck at a cookout. The hostess got really upset and The Nation just made a big scene with the exclamation and the hand gestures. I almost swallowed my tongue from laughing.
We got thrown out of the party. But, no blood, no foul. Such is Mississippi life, when you are drunk.
(That's a GREAT NAME for a blog. You should claim that name right now!)
People in Mississippi get drunk? Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw! ;-)
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.