Saturday, November 15, 2008
FOX Cancels MAD TV
There is some speculation MAD TV could receive a new life on a cable channel.
For the most part, I liked MAD TV. I thought more often than not, that they surpassed anything done in the past fifteen years by Saturday Night Live. SNL is the program that needs to be put out to pasture. It's been in a coma and on life support for far too long. Not everything on MAD TV worked, but they took chances - chances that SNL hasn't taken for 20 or more years.
The greatest thing to come from MAD TV is cast member Bobby Lee, pushing the limits of comedy and sketch comedy.
Did you like MAD TV? Were you a big fan? Are you sorry to see it go?
Best Bobby Lee bit ever (in my opinion); Lee as North Korean dictator Kim Jong Il in a satire of Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy":
you'Re right, Bobby Lee is the best thing from the show and the Crazy video is one of his best bits.
The Kimmy satire of Crazy is my fave.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.