Monday, November 10, 2008
Belated Deer Hunting Opener
A belated successful and safe deer hunting rifle season to everyone in Minnesota, as the opening day was this past Saturday. Wisconsin's deer hunting rifle season opens November 22.
All responsible hunters know that mixing adult beverages before hunting is dangerous and unsportsmanlike. Don't do it, there's plenty of time at the end of the day for tossing back some cold ones.
And always know that you have - without a doubt - confirmed and reconfirmed in your mind, that what you're seeing in your scope and are about to shoot is a deer. If you can't completely ID it, you don't pull the trigger. "Something moved in the woods so I shot at it," is unacceptable.
Don't hunt using the John Kerry Hunting Method either, where you crawl around on your stomach, moving and decoying playing games with the deer. I can't fathom his hunting method producing venison and you'll just end up with wet clothes.
Nobody hunts deer by crawling on the ground in the woods, nobody.
The closest Kerry ever got to playing games with deer is Hungry Hungry Hippos. And he lost every one.
Aw, I'm just kidding, shut up, you moonbats.
No shit, my spammer code was kimber. Awesome.
I doubt Kerry has ever gone deer hunting. "Dear" hunting, yes, marrying widows of millionaires. But deer...na, no way.
I crawl around on the ground, playing games and decoying...
What a pile of shit. No one hunts deer that way. What a bullshitter.
"Is this where I git me a huntin' license?"
What an asshat.
And this one is tantarn, I have no clue what the Hell that means. But, I own a Kimber 1911 and plan on getting another.
What the fuck is a tantarn?
Try asking David Codrea at the War on Guns - http://waronguns.blogspot.com/
Mr. Completely - http://mrcompletely.blogspot.com/
or Kevin at Smalles Minority -
They're the guys who immediately come to my mind who have a lot of knowledge in the gun area.
And GuyK too, at http://charmingjustcharming.blogspot.com/
I'm so unobservant sometimes.
My 1911 is the Ultra Carry II. The one that I want though, is the SIS.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.