Wednesday, October 22, 2008
WILD Trading Gaborik?
From WCCO News:
Trade rumors have started heating up around Minnesota Wild right winger Marian Gaborik, according to WCCO-AM.
Several sources told WCCO Radio that the Montreal Canadians are in discussions with the Wild. Gaborik becomes a free agent next summer and has reportedly turned down offers from the Wild.
According to WCCO Radio, a trade would possibly involve Christopher Higgins of the Canadians and possibly former Cretin-Derham Hall player Ryan McDonagh.
The Wild continue to have a tough time reaching a deal with prospective free agent Marian Gaborik.
In fact, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune, Gaborik ultimately could be sent packing this season. For all his talent, Gaborik has been injury prone during his career and the Wild might not be willing to give him the deal he wants. Talks reportedly have not been making much progress.
The Star Tribune ruled out rumors that Gaborik could be headed to the division-rival Oilers.
Any team adding Gaborik to its list of players is getting one hell of a hockey player.
The Wild, meanwhile, remain in the number one slot in their division with four wins and zero losses to date. Boo-yah! The only other teams in the NHL who - so far - can claim no losses are: the Canadiens, the Sabres and the Oilers.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.