Sunday, October 26, 2008
Star Tribune Endorses Republican
Norm Coleman For Senate
Count this newspaper among the Minnesota voices that long for a lessening of partisan polarization and a return to constructive problem-solving in Washington. If demonization of the partisan opposition continues to be the political coin of this realm, effectiveness of American democracy will be diminished.
Independent judgment, exercised on behalf of the best interests of the country and state, is what we hope to see from our U.S. senators. With that hope in mind, this newspaper recommends the reelection of Republican U.S. Sen. Norm Coleman.
Look at that first paragraph: "Count this newspaper among the Minnesota voices that long for a lessening of partisan polarization and a return to constructive problem-solving in Washington. If demonization of the partisan opposition continues to be the political coin of this realm, effectiveness of American democracy will be diminished."
No newspaper, short of perhaps the Kim Jong Il Daily has spent more time promoting Socialism, higher taxes, more Nanny Government, more intrusion into our personal lives, more hate and more divisiveness than has the MRSNKT.
I voted for Coleman six years ago. I am not voting for him this year. I'm not voting this year, period. But the MRSNKT endorsing Coleman cinches it for me that Coleman is - as I've always said - a RINO. For the MRSNKT to endorse him gives me complete and total confidence that I was right about Coleman.
It's interesting how so many Minnesotans who call themselves Republicans - many of them good, fine decent bloggers - who unabashedly support Coleman but went batshit crazy over Minnesota's Six State RINOs earlier this year. This is what happens when you vote for the "R" instead of Conservatism. Coleman might have the "R", but he's no Conservative. You want to vote for a RINO, go ahead, vote for one. But don't complain when other Republicans are as much a RINO as is Norm.
Anybody but Norm...anybody. And if that means Franken, so be it.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.