Friday, October 10, 2008
John Murtagh Target Of Ayers Death Threat
John Murtagh, a Yonkers city councilman and GOP state Senate candidate, [said] "Barack Obama's friend tried to kill my family," he Said Murtagh.
Murtagh was referring to a 1970 firebombing of his family's upper Manhattan home, when his father, New York State Supreme Court Justice John Murtagh, was presiding at a trial of Black Panther radicals.
The Weather Underground was suspected in the attack, although no one was caught.
"Barack Obama may have been a child when William Ayers was plotting attacks against U.S. targets - but I was one of those targets," Murtagh said in the statement.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.