Wednesday, October 08, 2008
ICP Banned In Oregon School
LEBANON, Ore. (AP) -- The Insane Clown Posse is not welcome at Lebanon High School.
Principal Mark Finch says shirts, hats, jewelry or other items associated with the hardcore hip-hop band are gang-related and will be banned beginning Oct.15.
But Jessica McNeil, a 17-year-old junior, submitted a student petition to the Lebanon School Board on Monday, asking the board to reverse the decision.
Board members said they knew nothing about the band and would have to study the issue.
Insane Clown Posse is known for its horror-circus image and violent lyrics. Some fans, often known as "Juggalos" or "Juggalettes," have been involved in high-profile murders and assaults in other states.
Personally, I have nothing against the ICP or their music, some of which I like.
Perhaps you were mislead into thinking that I was passing judgment on the ICP when, in fact, IT WAS THE SCHOOL, not me.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.