Monday, October 13, 2008
Happy Snappy Columbus Day
Oh, the Libs will say that Columbus was a murderous thug who doesn't deserve any recognition. As usual, the Libs are wrong. They are taking modernized morals of current standards and applying them to an age - three centuries ago - where they cannot be judged by current context. In other words, you cannot take today's societal moral standards and apply them to an age where they don't apply .
Columbus behaved no differently than any other explorer of his time. He was not a murderer, any more or less than anyone else of his time. Study history, and you will find that the Native American Indian tribes who occupied North America didn't exactly treat different tribes with a Kumbaya attitude and spirit. They ruthlessly murdered each other. That Indian Tribes in North America lived peacefully in coexistence with each other is a Great Myth perpetrated by the Politically Correct douche bags.
Here's what I wrote for Columbus Day in 2007 and here is what I wrote about for Columbus Day in 2006.
Today's Liberal History Revisionists desperately try to paint Columbus as a bloodthirsty, cold-hearted murderer when this is not the case at all. I will not let them get away with their lies.
Macy's is having a Columbus Day sale again this year! Good for them. Good for any retailer to have a Columbus Day sale and not bow to the demands of the Politically Correct Great Unwashed who seek to smear Christopher Columbus as something he was not.
Labels: Columbus Day
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.