Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Chess leads to violent behavior!
Say No To Chess!
Chess kills. Chess should be banned...outlawed! There's no other conclusion to make.
From the Gazette Online:
Iowa City man David Christian, 29, appeared at the Johnson County District Court this morning via video feed from the Johnson County Jail after being charged Sunday with the killing of his neighbor, Michael Steward, 39, over an argument about their chess game.
Johnson County Judge Stephen Gerard set Christian’s bond at $500,000 and scheduled his preliminary hearing for Oct. 30.
Christian faces a second-degree murder charge in the killing, a Class B felony. If convicted, Christian could face up to 50 years in prison. Christian is also charged with public intoxication.
The Iowa City Police and Fire departments and the Johnson County Ambulance Service responded to 418 Brown St. Apt. 6, Iowa City — Christian's home — at 3:08 a.m. Sunday and found Steward unresponsive. He was taken to Mercy Iowa City and declared dead shortly after.
[According to a neighbor] Christian and Steward were good drinking buddies who would often play chess or Scrabble while drinking.
"It's what they did," [said the neighbor]. "They would drink, play games, and get in arguments."
Friends shouldn't let their friends play chess. Someone would probably be alive today if Chess had been banned a long time ago. If it saves one life, isn't banning Chess worth it?
Labels: Chess kills
The humans are the ones who kill each other. The reasons and the means they use to, that's another subject...
What is the world coming to when someone ends up dead because of a chess game? Crazy, absurd and insane are the only adjectives that come to mind.
I'm not the least surprised. Humanity is just crazy. Just pray that we are not crazier ourselves... :)
Killing someone over a game. We have indeed lost much of our humanity.
god damn it you're stupid and ignorant.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.