Thursday, September 11, 2008
September 11, 2001
Not Just Another Day. The Age:
It is seven years today since two passenger planes, hijacked by terrorists, crashed into New York's Twin Towers, another rammed into the Pentagon in Washington and a fourth crashed into a Pennsylvania field.
Several years ago, historians predicted in The Washington Post that popular culture in the US would eventually file September 11 in the same category as Memorial Day or Labour Day, days laden with significance that eventually became a holiday to grill hotdogs or go to clearance sales.
This sounds like a good idea, a proactive one: Officials in New York City are inviting the public to sign steel beams that will be used in the National September 11 Memorial & Museum.
The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops September 11, 2008 prayers.
John McCain and Barack Hussein Obama, Junior will together commemorate September 11 ceremonies in New York at Ground Zero.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.