Sunday, September 07, 2008
Here Comes Ike!
Caribbean nations are bracing for another major storm, Hurricane Ike, coming just days after Tropical Storm Hanna passed through the region.
Ike has regained strength after weakening, with winds in excess of 115mph (185km/h) as it nears the Turks and Caicos islands and the Bahamas.
The above image is in no way meant to lighten the severity or poke fun at the potential harm to property or people that Ike poses. I used the image only because I am a fan of "South Park" cartoon character Ike Broflovski.
Live tracking of Hurricane Ike via NOAA.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.