Saturday, September 06, 2008
Heart Disses Sarah "Barracuda"
Heart stars Ann and Nancy Wilson have slammed U.S. presidential candidate John McCain for using their hit song "Barracuda" as his campaign's theme song without their prior permission.
Republican leader McCain chose the song as the theme track for his running mate Sarah Palin -- whose high-school nickname was "Sarah Barracuda" because of her forceful style of playing basketball.
But the Wilsons are furious their song has been linked in with the McCain campaign trail, and are demanding the track is scrapped from further promotional duties.
Ann Wilson first became aware of the use of her track after watching Palin's speech on TV on Wednesday.
According to TMZ.com, the pair has sent a "cease and desist" letter to McCain and Palin's representatives.
In the letter, a representative for the duo says, "The Republican campaign did not ask for permission to use the song, nor would they have been granted that permission.
Here's an idea - just off the top of my head - for Ann, pictured on the left in the below photo. Hey Ann, why not console yourself by consuming another truck load of cheesecakes? Is it me, or does she resemble a black, wrinkly Goodyear Blimp?
My bad making fun of the appearance of a former rock band due who has let herself go. I think she need more eyeliner (LOL), what do you thing, Bug?
I commented on. ;-)
You had to tell the world about my dressing in drag, didn't you? Well, I then have to tell the world a secret about you.
Ladies and Gentlemen, Modesto is my bitch gimp. He sure is. I have himn locked in a 4x5 foot box as we speak.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.