Tuesday, June 10, 2008
The Nation Defends Obama's Anti-Semitism
An alternate version of the above Op/Ed is also available at Yahoo.
The controversy surrounds Professor at Law Andy Martin who has threatened The Nation with a defamation and libel lawsuit. PR-Inside:
DEMAND FOR RETRACTION AND NOTICE OF INTENT TO SUE
I wish to notify you that you have posted false and defamatory information about me on your web site, and possibly in an upcoming edition of your magazine. If a prominent apology and withdrawal are not promptly forthcoming we will sue.
1. You claim that Senator Barack Obama, speaking to the AIPAC conference last week, was validating and responding to the fact that I am the 'source of the rumors being sued to spook Jewish voters-' I have nothing to do with any rumors being used to 'spook' Jewish voters and know nothing about their source.
Barry Obama has problems with Jewish voters because of his long associations with anti-Semites and anti-Americans, not because of any e-mails I have circulated. As satirist Jackie Mason has suggested, any Jew who votes for Obama would be very misguided.
Barry Obama and his fellow travelers constantly circulate lies and false accusations about me to cover up and distract attention from his long history of anti-Semitism, from Reverend Jeremiah Wright to the Nation of Islam, to Father Michael Pfleger to (insert your own choice). I did not make Obama an anti-Semite. His record of anti-Semitism speaks for itself. Now Obama & Co. are trying to block sales of my new book on Obama, coming out this month, which is why The Nation is recirculating old smears. Why are they so afraid of me?
If you would like to run a prominent apology and retraction promptly, I will not sue. Otherwise, we are headed to court.
Very truly yours,
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.