Thursday, May 01, 2008
To Be Published When Scheduled
Regular readers know that I often post-date posts in the evening so that they are timestamped for the next day. This new "scheduled to publish" mode that Blogger has implemented sucks.
In other words, the way it USED TO BE, I could write a post and timestamp it for 1AM the next day and could publish it immediately. Now, Blogger "holds" the post until the time designated and publishes it only then. This is a step backwards.
I wonder if the Blogger crowd traded in their automobiles for the horse and buggy and returned to the days of rotary telephones?
I'm not tyring to bite Blogger. Their free service is pretty decent, pretty reliable and they've made some great advancements over the past two years.
But I want the ability to timestamp a post for 3AM two days from now and want to be able to publish it immediately, without Blogger holding it until that time before it appears.
Jeebus H. Keee-Rist. If I wanted f*cking delayed posting via scheduling I'd move to Word Press.
WTF Blogger....WTF is the reason for doing this? It's lame.
UPDATE From Blogger:
"If you want to give a post a date in the future but have it appear on your blog now, you’ll need to add in an extra step. First, publish your post with the current date and time. This will make it appear on your blog. Then, edit the post to change the date into the future and publish it again." (sigh......) this is like eating food that you've already chewed and begun to digest.
Here's my suggestion for the fine folks at Blogger: add a button in the Edit Posts page or in the Post Options area that allows one to save a post as a "Scheduled To Be Published Later" permitting bloggers to choose that option for delayed publishing. If one does not choose that option, dating a post for some point in the future and hitting the "publish post" button automatically publishes the post immediately with the post-dated date. Good Christ, this isn't brain surgery.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.