Friday, May 23, 2008
Obama Attacks McCain For Missing Vote
Barack Obama used the Senate floor today to jab at his rival, John McCain, for McCain’s opposition to the GI Bill. Obama flew to Washington early this morning to vote in favor of the bill, which he co-sponsored with Sen. Jim Webb, D-Va. In his brief remarks before the Senate, Obama said he respects McCain’s military service but “can’t believe” his opposition to a bill which would increase education funding for troops.
[McCain responded]: "Perhaps, if Senator Obama would take the time and trouble to understand this issue he would learn to debate an honest disagreement respectfully. But, as he always does, he prefers impugning the motives of his opponent, and exploiting a thoughtful difference of opinion to advance his own ambitions. If that is how he would behave as president, the country would regret his election."
I also noticed that Fat Ted Kennedy didn't show up to vote either. Of course, he was excused because of a tumor in his arse. Yet, Fat Ted is healthy enough to hop aboard his yacht after being released from the hospital. Boston Globe:
Hours out of the hospital, US Senator Edward M. Kennedy sought refuge this afternoon in the serenity of Nantucket Sound, taking his 50-foot schooner on a two-hour sail.
"It was wonderful to be on the water," Kennedy said, shuffling off a dock after his return. "It's all it takes."
Got Hypocrisy, Dems? Oh yeah, you're overflowing with it. If hypocrisy was a source of energy, there's no doubt that the U.S. would be energy independent. We could fuel and power everything we need to from Dem Hypocrisy.
Oh, and by the way, isn't it wasteful of Fat Ted to own, let alone use a 50-foot schooner considering the energy crisis? How many rank and file Dems own a 50-foot yacht?
"isn't it wasteful of Fat Ted to own, let alone use a 50-foot schooner considering the energy crisis?"
It's a sailboat.
As well as having an engine in the event that there is no breeze or wind.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.