Sunday, May 18, 2008
Huckabee NRA Comment Riotously Funny
Republican Mike Huckabee responded to an offstage noise during his speech Friday to the National Rifle Association by suggesting it was Barack Obama diving to the floor because someone had aimed a gun at him.
Hearing a loud noise and interrupting his speech, Huckabee said: "That was Barack Obama. He just tripped off a chair. He's getting ready to speak and somebody aimed a gun at him and he — he dove for the floor."
But the Obamaniacs feign outrage over Huckabee's remarks? Got hypocrisy, Dems?
And while Dems were outraged over the ABC-TV movie "Path To 9/11", a FICTIONAL film based on factual events - which accurately portrayed all the failings of the Clinton Administration to deal with terrorism - the Left managed zero outrage over "Death of A President."
The Dems had no problem immediately "getting" John Kerry's "stuck in Iraq" joke, but they have a problem "getting" Huckabee's joke?
Another wonderful example of Democrats not liking the taste of their very own medicine. That's a shame.
Plus - and I should have put this in what I wrote but I just remembered it now - remember Michelle Obama's words of saying that "Barack can get shot if he goes out at night to fill the car up with gas."
So it's not like Huck was the first to mention guns, and at least he did with some attempt at humor, unlike Michelle....ur - I mean The Dangerous Washerwoman!
Top Ten Reasons Why PP Hit The Floor
10. Dropped his waffle
9. Heard that Rev. Wright was giving a speech next
8. Heard that Billy Ayers and friends were in the building earlier that day
7. Performing physical representation of economic performance under his leadership
6. Realized he was late for midday praise to Allah
5. Imitating Congressional approval ratings
4. Slipped on some of his B.S.
3. It didn’t happen, Huckabee was just “losing his bearings”
2. OK, it did happen, he was just being “worldly” as someone told him it was jihadist custom to do so
1. Those tasty, tasty waffles
I like your Top 10 list! And I agree, Huck should have known better, but - not to defend him - I think he was 'in the moment' (so to speak) considering whom he was appearing before, the NRA.
I heard his apology on Sunday's Meet The Press and I think he sounded sincere and that he regrets his words. While any Dem would forgive and accept that apology had what Huck said been said by a Dem about a Repub, the Dems would have accepted the apology and that would have been that. But since the situation is reversed, the Dems will never let this die and will not consider Huck's apology valid or sincere.
Now... is it waffle time?!?!
Thanks for commenting and visiting!
I can tell by your objective and non-biased writing that you're one of those tolerant and big tent Liberals, aren't you?
Do you ever tire of goose-stepping in unison with the Extreme LeftWing nutjobs?
You may gave guessed I don't suffer fools...or rabid, hate-filled Liberals. Toodles!
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.