Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Gore And Carter Stage Hillary Intervention? Like That Will Ever Happen
Carter-Gore to team up against Hillary. The Scotsman via FOX News:
Jimmy Carter and Al Gore are planning to call for Hillary Clinton to end her presidential run, according to an article published Sunday in a Scottish newspaper.
The Scotsman — the same paper that quoted Barack Obama adviser Samantha Power calling Clinton a “monster,” which resulted in her dismissal from the campaign — reported that the two politicians are teaming up because they believe it is in their party’s best interest to end the prolonged battle for the Democratic presidential nomination and unite behind Obama, who continues to maintain a lead over Clinton in number of pledged delegates.
“They’re in discussions,” a source close to Carter reportedly told the newspaper. “Carter has been talking to Gore. They will act, possibly together, or in sequence.”
According to the report, the two party elders will either meet with Clinton privately to urge that she withdraw her candidacy or they will publicly endorse Obama in the hopes that more superdelegates will follow suit.
A meeting between Junior Gore, Carter and Hillary goes down just like Joan Crawford addressing the Board of Directors at Pepsi. See "Dippy Dialogue", a little bit further down from the middle (section) of the linked story.
Besides...if the tolerant Obamaniacs don't treat her nicely, she might just run as an independent, and no, that's not "that far" out of the question.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.