Sunday, March 23, 2008
Obama's High School Was
For The Elite And Privileged
The high school he attended in Hawaii, Punahou School is a private school for the elite and the privileged. Answers.com:
Oahu College, is an exclusive private, co-educational, non-sectarian college preparatory school located in Honolulu in the U.S. State of Hawaii.
The student body is diverse, mixing the offspring of multimillionaires...
Students have access to a jewelry studio, photography darkroom, and glass-blowing facilities.
Tuition is $15,725 a year for the 2007-2008 school year (lunch not included)...
Sen. Daniel Inouye has apologized for suggesting that Sen. Barack Obama’s private high school in Hawaii was elitist.
Inouye said before his state’s Feb. 19 Democratic caucuses that voters know Obama was born in Hawaii and graduated from one of its high schools, “but he went to Punahou, and that was not a school for the impoverished.”
Obama responded to Inouye’s comments in an interview with KITV the Saturday before the caucuses.
“Shame on Danny for trying to pull that stunt,” Obama said. “I went to Punahou on a scholarship. I was raised by a single mom and my grandmother.”
Then, Obama realizes this makes him look like the Elitist that he really is. This doesn't sit too well with the how The Poodle wants to be perceived by his base and supporters.
Then, Inouye has to back-track on his own words for fear of upsetting The Elitist Poodle.
Look, Poodle, we know you're not Paris Hilton. But don't pretend you're "just an average" Poodle. You're just a pretender, like all the other Liberals and Progressives.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.